SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Resourceful and highly proficient management professional with diverse experiences poised to leverage skills in communications, leadership, management, and team building to secure funding and sponsorships. Self-directed, adaptable, and deadline-driven individual with well-developed interpersonal skills and the ambition to succeed. Proven leader in a wide range of areas: public relations, media, finance, sales, etc. as a highly focused professional with experience in providing leadership as well as working with stakeholders to support the mission of organizations.
Master of Science in Broadcast and Digital Journalism
Syracuse University – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Emory University – IANPHI Atlanta, GA
Communications Coordinator May 2016 – Present
• Provide leadership in public health as Communications Coordinator for International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI) – international storyteller to advance the mission of the organization.
• Experience in introducing multimedia content to expand IANPHI's reach and engage global audiences.
• Responsible for crafting monthly newsletter, interviewing global health leaders and scientists, managing social media presence, growing video library, and producing video content to support IANPHI mission.
• Manage social media operations to achieve IANPHI goals and objectives.
NCC News Syracuse, NY
Reporter / Producer June 2014 – June 2015
• Provided leadership within production team by motivating people, and inspiring results.
• Was fully responsible for writing, shooting, and editing news packages or VOSOTS on a tight deadline.
Orange Television Network Syracuse, NY
Executive Producer / Host August 2014 – May 2015
• Participated with management and production team in identifying strategies to successfully expand outreach by launching the first show on the network's YouTube Channel - ExCUSE Me w/ Cat & Cassie.
The Atlanta Daily World Atlanta, GA
Entertainment Reporter / Intern January 2013 – January 2014
• Experienced in establishing and maintaining strong, effective, and lasting working relationships while crafting engaging stories related to Atlanta’s art, entertainment, music, film, and television scene.
Lyon Management / TVO North America, LLC Atlanta, GA
Property Manager / Accountant / Leasing Specialist May 2008 – March 2012
• Served as Property Manager responsible for stabilizing a 330-units apartment community. Managed and developed a staff of nine employees while increasing occupancy and revenue. Transformed financially strapped foreclosed property to an income-generating asset ready for sale with limited guidance.
• Met aggressive deadlines set by Regional Management, Human Resources and Owner’s in response to property visits. Increased occupancy from 61% to project 78% in two months through intensive marketing.
SunTrust Bank Atlanta, GA
Teller Manager / Bank Operations Specialist May 2003 – May 2008
• Managed 5 tellers in high-volume and affluent markets in the Atlanta area. As a leader and Bank Operations Specialists, supported 200+ branches – providing answers to a wide array of banking questions.
Secretary – Atlanta Association of Black Journalists, Currently Serving
Communications Chair -- Community Outreach in Action, Inc., Currently Serving