SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Resourceful and highly proficient multimedia journalist and management professional with diverse experiences poised to leverage skills in communications, leadership, management, and team building to secure funding and sponsorships. Self-directed, adaptable, and deadline-driven individual with well-developed interpersonal skills and the ambition to succeed. Proven leader in a wide range of areas: public relations, media, finance, sales, etc. as a highly focused professional with experience in providing leadership as well as working with stakeholders to support the mission of organizations.
Master of Science in Broadcast and Digital Journalism
Syracuse University – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Emory University – IANPHI Atlanta, GA
Communications Coordinator May 2016 – Present
• Provide leadership in public health as Communications Coordinator for International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI) – international storyteller to advance the mission of the organization.
• Experience in introducing multimedia content to expand IANPHI's reach and engage global audiences.
• Responsible for crafting monthly newsletter, interviewing global health leaders and scientists, managing social media presence, growing video library, and producing video content to support IANPHI mission.
• Manage social media operations to achieve IANPHI goals and objectives.
NCC News Syracuse, NY
Reporter / Producer June 2014 – June 2015
• Provided leadership within production team by motivating people, and inspiring results.
• Was fully responsible for writing, shooting, and editing news packages or VOSOTS on a tight deadline.
Orange Television Network Syracuse, NY
Executive Producer / Host August 2014 – May 2015
• Participated with management and production team in identifying strategies to successfully expand outreach by launching the first show on the network's YouTube Channel - ExCUSE Me w/ Cat & Cassie.
The Atlanta Daily World Atlanta, GA
Entertainment Reporter / Intern January 2013 – January 2014
• Experienced in establishing and maintaining strong, effective, and lasting working relationships while crafting engaging stories related to Atlanta’s art, entertainment, music, film, and television scene.
Lyon Management / TVO North America, LLC Atlanta, GA
Property Manager / Accountant / Leasing Specialist May 2008 – March 2012
• Served as Property Manager responsible for stabilizing a 330-units apartment community. Managed and developed a staff of nine employees while increasing occupancy and revenue. Transformed financially strapped foreclosed property to an income-generating asset ready for sale with limited guidance.
• Met aggressive deadlines set by Regional Management, Human Resources and Owner’s in response to property visits. Increased occupancy from 61% to project 78% in two months through intensive marketing.
SunTrust Bank Atlanta, GA
Teller Manager / Bank Operations Specialist May 2003 – May 2008
• Managed 5 tellers in high-volume and affluent markets in the Atlanta area. As a leader and Bank Operations Specialists, supported 200+ branches – providing answers to a wide array of banking questions.
Secretary – Atlanta Association of Black Journalists, Currently Serving
Communications Chair -- Community Outreach in Action, Inc., Currently Serving